Last modified: February 18, 2020
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Neuger or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the System.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use the System or provide any information on the System. Do not register on the website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our System, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law/any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; or
- Automatically as you navigate through the site or otherwise engage with the System.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information directly from you in connection with your use of our System. For example, this information may be voluntarily provided when you fill out forms on our website, subscribe to emails or newsletters, submit a contact form, respond to surveys, or send us an email. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our website.
The information we collect directly from you may include but may not be limited to:
- Email address, phone number, mailing address, and other contact information;
- Financial information necessary to process a purchase or other request;
- Resume and educational or employment information necessary to apply for a job;
- Your registration for particular events;
- Business affiliations; and
- Other information related to your requests or inquiries.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our System, we may use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies, log files, pixel tags, and Google Analytics to automatically collect certain information when users visit our System. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you and your preferences when you return to our website.
Information we collect automatically includes but may not be limited to:
- IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience;
- Information regarding your browser, operating system, and other technical specifications required to use our System;
- Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site, and for us to credit your account for various online transactions;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Analytic data such as website traffic information, user location data, and timing data.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Your Choices for ways you can exercise choice about the data we collect.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- Session cookies. Session cookies are stored on the user’s hard drive temporarily and are deleted when the user ends the browsing session. Session cookies are useful for things like keeping items in a shopping cart while the user continues to browse.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies stay on the user’s hard drive until they expire, even after the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are useful for remembering things like login information, so users do not have to enter their password every time they visit the System.
- Third-party cookies. Third party cookies are not installed directly by our System, but by third parties such as advertisers. Third party cookies are used to track advertising preferences from site to site, and to gather data about users’ browsing habits in order to improve the user experience.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third Party Content, Websites, and Links
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the Your Choices section below.
How We Use Your Information
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products, and to collect information that is necessary for the System to work properly. We use personal information for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Providing services and support. Performing the essential functions of the System including responding to inquiries, fulfilling orders and requests, processing payments, providing support and troubleshooting, and communicating with users about their use of the System or regarding a user initiated inquiry on the System.
- Communicating with users about products or services. Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering; engaging with content on social media platforms where users discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products.
- Personalizing user experiences on our System. Tailoring content on the System based on user location, preferences, and other personalization factors.
- Analytics and System improvement. Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the System to allow us to provide better service; using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and develop additional products and services to offer.
- Compliance with legal obligations. Sharing information to comply with the law or a legal proceeding, such as in response to a subpoena or court order; to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
For more information, see the Your Choices section below.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Neuger product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with Neuger products or services. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual to evaluate our products or allow the third parties we work with to better serve our users. We will not share personally identifiable information in these instances, other than as described in this Policy.
We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may provide user information to third-parties including but not limited to:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Neuger Communications Groups’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Neuger Communications Group about our website users is among the assets transferred.
We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes including but not limited to:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- Initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf;
- Data tracking;
- Maintenance or development of our System;
- Development of online products, services, or customer service, or new product development;
- Other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- For other purposes with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Neuger Communications Group, our customers, or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms enable you to control how your information is collected and used in certain situations:
- Google Analytics. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings;
- Unsubscribe. You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Refrain from Using the System. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may refrain from using the System.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Do Not Track Signals
Neuger Communications Group does not collect user data over multiple sessions and therefore our website is not equipped to respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals from your browser. Multi-session tracking is provided by third-party tools (including Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager and Facebook Ads) and those organizations are responsible for their own DNT policies.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California “Shine the Light” law, California residents may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal data to third parties (i.e., our affiliates) for such third parties’ direct marketing purpose, by emailing email@example.com or writing to: Neuger Communications Group (California Privacy Rights), 25 Bridge Square Northfield, MN 55057.
If you are under 18 years old, a California resident, and a registered user of any Site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of what you have posted and the law may not require or allow removal even if requested.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Neuger Communications Group
25 Bridge Square
Northfield, MN 55057
or via our toll-free number: