What is G4?
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is Google’s next-generation digital analytics measurement solution that will replace Universal Analytics (UA), effective July 1, 2023. GA4 is the new standard in measuring traffic and engagement across digital platforms, such as websites and apps, streamlined in one single location.
Google first introduced GA4 in 2020 after adopting the Firebase measurement model, and now the platform is in the final stages of development. Trusted by top global brands, GA4 offers dynamic cross-device and cross-platform tracking and many more capabilities.
UNTIL YOU NEED TO MIGRATE TO GA4
Advantages of the new tracking
While the migration is mandatory, there are some key benefits as well.
- Tracking is simplified and enhanced – GA4 tracks all incoming data as events and not sessions, making it much more flexible
- Track data from multiple sources – if you have an app and website, you can track both into the same property
- Privacy is built-in – GA4 has improved privacy features to help you protect your user’s data while still reporting how they use your website
- Improved conversion tracking – in UA, you were limited to recording 20 conversions at a time. GA4 doesn’t have any limits!
- Track UA and GA4 at the same time – thankfully, you can start collecting data right now while still using your UA tag
Challenges you may run into while migrating
- The transition can be confusing – GA4 is a structural overhaul and setting up reports in the new system may not be intuitive
- You might not be able to record the same metrics – GA4 has many built-in reports, but you may need to create custom reports to track the same metrics or conversions
- Google’s resources aren’t great – they are still developing GA4 and haven’t provided digital marketers with many of the tools and documentation needed to help you migrate
How Neuger can help
As a Google Partner, we can help you make sense of the transition to GA4.
- We’ll work with you to understand what’s new with GA4 and help you plan your migration GA4 strategy
- Since GA4 records information differently, we can work with you to determine new (and improved) ways to understand how people are using your website
- We have experience creating digital marketing campaigns so that you can measure success on your website
Want to see all of your KPIs in one report?
We can create customized dashboards to measure website and campaign performance in a single report.
Ready to migrate? Contact us!
Chat with our experts to get started on your migration to GA4! Remember, marketers have less than one year until UA phases out and migrating is not a choice – it is a matter of when and how you choose to migrate.