Neuger is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic web developer who lives and breathes the web and is passionate about creating top-notch user experiences. If you are a collaborator who likes to solve complex problems with a can-do attitude, you may find your home at Neuger.
With its headquarters in Northfield, Minnesota and another office in the North Loop of Minneapolis, Neuger is committed to delighting clients through providing proactive counsel and a commitment to being ultra-responsive to client needs.
Our development team is small and nimble, so in this generalist position, you will be expected to perform both front-end and back-end (full stack) development, with opportunities to specialize in a specific part of development over time. While we have talented designers on our team, we believe design is essential to all parts of a project and expect all developers to know basic design and layout principles.
- Work on a variety of projects in a collaborative team environment
- Handle multiple projects at the same time and triage/prioritize workflow
- Develop quality designs and great user experiences
- Provide excellent counsel to clients and effectively communicate project ideas
- Keep up to date on current techniques and best practices
- Have a continuous improvement mindset, place value on quality and pay attention to the details
- Embrace the agency core values of integrity, excellence and success
Web development techniques and libraries are changing constantly. You must be willing to adopt new technologies and take calculated risks for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least three years experience developing websites
- A rock-solid foundation in semantic HTML5 and writing accessible markup
- Strong CSS/Sass skills for creating compelling website components and responsive designs
- Experience with APIs, such as REST or SOAP
- Experience with a version control system, such as Git
- Have a passion for design, demonstrated by knowing design principles
- Ability to create compelling layouts
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or Figma is a plus
- Demonstration of clear communications skills
- Experience writing extensive code in PHP or a similar programming language
- Experience developing custom themes in a CMS, such as WordPress
And/or front-end experience
- Experience with back-end MVC frameworks is a plus
- Experience with build systems, such as npm, Webpack or Gulp
- Experience with front-end frameworks, such as React, is a plus
Working at Neuger
Neuger is a dynamic team of public relations, marketing communications and branding experts absolutely dedicated to providing the very best in strategic communications counsel to its clients. We seek to be an inclusive environment where employees are asked to bring their authentic selves to their positions in the agency, where wide-ranging viewpoints are sought out, and where colleagues are asked to share a genuine voice with the understanding that it will be embraced and respected by their co-workers. Our highly collaborative nature, our energy, our discipline and our can-do attitude are hallmarks to providing results-oriented marketing communications, public relations and branding solutions to our clients.
Neuger provides competitive compensation and benefits including health care, 401(k) retirement, a flexible work environment and discretionary bonuses. If you feel we are the right match for you and you have at least three years of experience in the web development space, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.