Neuger is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic front-end web developer who lives and breathes the web and is passionate about creating top-notch user experiences. If you are a collaborator who likes to solve complex problems with a can-do attitude, you may find your home at Neuger.
With its headquarters in Northfield, Minnesota and another office in the North Loop of Minneapolis, Neuger is committed to delighting clients through providing proactive counsel and a commitment to being ultra-responsive to client needs.
Our web team primarily creates WordPress-based websites that include integrations with other systems. This includes creating semantic HTML and CSS, creating page templates in twig, creating WordPress Gutenberg blocks in React and creating React components that interact with the back-end for special features. Additionally, we have been working on React-based single page apps for companies. While we have designers on staff, either having a design background or continuing the spirit of a design on components you create is important.
- Work on a variety of projects in a collaborative team environment
- Handle multiple projects at the same time and triage/prioritize workflow
- Provide excellent counsel to clients and effectively communicate project ideas
- Keep up to date on current techniques and best practices
- Have a continuous improvement mindset, place value on quality and pay attention to the details
- Embrace the agency core values of integrity, excellence and success
Web development techniques and libraries are changing constantly. You must be willing to adopt new technologies and take calculated risks for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least three years experience developing websites
- A rock-solid foundation in semantic HTML5 and writing accessible markup
- Strong CSS/Sass skills for creating compelling website components and responsive designs
- Experience with talking to APIs, such as REST or SOAP
- Experience with a version control system, such as Git
- Web design experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or Figma is a plus
- Knowledge of WordPress and Gutenberg blocks is a plus
- A user-centered design approach is a plus
- Demonstration of clear communications skills
Working at Neuger
Neuger is a dynamic team of public relations, marketing communications and branding experts absolutely dedicated to providing the very best in strategic communications counsel to its clients. We seek to be an inclusive environment where employees are asked to bring their authentic selves to their positions in the agency, where wide-ranging viewpoints are sought out, and where colleagues are asked to share a genuine voice with the understanding that it will be embraced and respected by their co-workers. Our highly collaborative nature, our energy, our discipline and our can-do attitude are hallmarks to providing results-oriented marketing communications, public relations and branding solutions to our clients.
Neuger provides competitive compensation and benefits including health care, 401(k) retirement, a flexible work environment and discretionary bonuses. If you feel we are the right match for you and you have at least three years of experience in the web development space, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.