Reports to: Digital Team Lead
Neuger Communications Group, a full-service marketing, branding and PR agency offering strategic and comprehensive solutions, seeks an experienced individual for the position of Web Developer to create top-notch user experiences. If you are a collaborator who likes to solve complex problems with a can-do attitude, you may find your home at Neuger Communications Group.
With its headquarters in Northfield, Minnesota and a second office in the North Loop of Minneapolis, Neuger is committed to delighting clients through providing proactive counsel and a commitment to being ultra-responsive to client needs.
Our development team is small and nimble, so in this generalist development position. You will be expected to perform both front-end and back-end (full stack) development, with opportunities to specialize in a specific part of development over time. While we have talented designers on our team, we believe design is essential to all parts of a project and expect all developers to know the basic design and layout principles.
- Work on a variety of projects in a collaborative team environment
- Handle multiple projects at the same time and prioritize
- Develop designs and great user experiences
- Have clear communication skills
- Provide excellent counsel to clients and communicate project ideas
- Keep up-to-date on current techniques and best practices
- Have a continuous improvement mindset, place value on quality and pay attention to the details
- Embrace the agency core values of integrity, excellence and success
Web development techniques and libraries are changing constantly. You must be willing to adopt new technologies and take calculated risks for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least three years experience developing websites
- A rock-solid foundation in semantic HTML5 and write accessible markup
- Strong CSS/Sass skills for creating compelling website components and responsive designs
- Experience with APIs, such as REST or SOAP
- Experience with a version control system, such as Git
- Have a passion for design, know design principles and can create compelling layouts
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch is a plus
- Experience writing extensive code in PHP or a similar programming language
- Experience developing custom themes in a CMS, such as WordPress
- Experience with back-end MVC frameworks is a plusAnd/or front-end experience
- Experience with build systems, such as npm, Webpack or Gulp
- Experience with front-end frameworks, such as React and Angular is a plus
Working at Neuger
The agency lives by the core values of integrity, excellence and success and each team member is deeply committed to living up to those values. It’s a group that knows how to have fun inside and outside of work through trivia lunches, happy hour gatherings, escape room challenges and other team building events throughout the year.
Neuger provides competitive compensation and benefits including health care, 401(k) retirement, a flexible work environment and discretionary bonuses. If you feel we are the right match for you and you have at least three years of experience in the web development space, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.